Friday, March 2, 2012

Ivy- 2 Month Shots and check up

Yesterday was Ivy's 2 months check up. We were about 11 days late since we were in OKC last week and I was dying to see how this little girl had grown. What I was NOT excited about was her 2 month immunizations :( For some reason I thought it would be easier with her since I had been through it all with Hads... Well it was NOT easier! I do not think the Mommy's should be the ones that have to go through watching /holding them while they get 3 shots in their sweet little legs! My sweet girl cried so hard. She did calm down fairly quickly but the sound of her 'pain cry' was enough to bring tears to my eyes. Daddy might have to take her for her 4 months shots!
Ivy's Stats:

Weight: 11 pounds, 4 ounces = 50%-75%
Length: 23 1/4 inches = 50%-75%
I don't remember her head circumference but it was also 50%

She is perfect and healthy but I was surprised because she was bigger than Hads at birth but smaller at her 2 month check??? Interested to see what the 4 month check comparison will be.

Ivy is such a good baby. She loves to be held and cuddled and is a big time Mamas girl. She is very curious and has to see whats going on all the time! She HATES her car seat but has started taking a soother in her seat and that seems to help some. She loves watching Hadley and the dogs. Generally likes baths, but hates getting lotioned. She is an amazing sleeper! She goes to bed between 8:30 -9:30 (depending on the last feeding) and sleeps until at least 7 am! I am praying it stays like this! Her napping schedule is getting a little more consistent throughout the day. She has 20-30 sleeps every 1 1/2-2 hours of awake time and usually has one big nap 1-2 hours in the afternoon around 2 (again depending on feeding times). She still eats about 8 times a day or every 2 hours!!! I am longing for the day of 3 hours in between feeds. But as long as she is gaining weight and healthy I am happy. She is smiling and cooing all of the time! She is her happiest 1st thing in the morning. She lays in bed with us just smiling and "talking" waiting patiently for me to feed her.
She is wearing all 0-3 months clothing and is getting bigger and bigger every day. She is very strong, just like her big sister!

Her are some of our favorites from her newborn session @ 2 weeks and some from our OKC trip.






Smushy Face = Love
Auntie Grace :)

2 Posts in one day!!! Amazing!!! haha. I will try to fill you in tomorrow on whats going on with me and G.

No comments:

Post a Comment