Tuesday, January 4, 2011

This week :( Bitter sweet

I am going to try and not give the pity party too much because I know how blessed I am... With that being said, I am going to pity my self a little bit for a minute! This week is my last week at home with my sweet pea! I have been so blessed to be home with my angel, on maternity leave (THANK YOU CANADA) for the last year! I think that EVERY Mother that wants it anyway, should get the opportunity to have this incredible mat leave.
But here comes Monday! I go back to work on Monday and there have NO shortage of tears shed talking and thinking about this. I am so incredibly sad about going back to work but know that I am doing it for our family. With Graham being in school I really didn't have another option. We are very thankful that my Mom has agreed to come up and stay with us for a few months! This is so awesome because it allows us to keep Hadley out of daycare for a few more months and gives me an opportunity to get 'use to' the idea of leaving her with someone, and give us a chance to save a little money.... Especially since daycare here is literally 2ice as much as it is in Oklahoma.
I am sure I will have a few sad posts in the next couple of weeks but please bare with me! I am going try to see the positives it all. My Mom is so excited to spend so much time Hadley (and us) and I am happy that she is going to get to know her so well.

For the rest of the week I am just going to love my little girl every second of the day!
Say a little prayer for us in our transition next week.





A few pics from Christmas in Oklahoma.

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you Jamie! :) I know it will be hard, I have been there before. I dont think it matters how long your maternity leave is, in fact I think it might be harder on you than people like me that go back after 6 weeks. If you need anyone to talk to please feel free to call me. I am sure you will be calling your mom all day long that first day back, just to check on Hadley. I know thats what I did. :)
    Praying for your strength during this time.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll do great, James. I don't blame you at all - I know I would be feeling the same way. I'm so glad she gets to stay with your mom. That would make me feel a lot better too.

    Hang in there, momma!!

    ReplyDelete