Thursday, November 19, 2009

Monitors????

Hello all!

So I have been reading other mom's blogs trying to figure out which monitor would be the perfect fit for us??? I am so lost! haha. We thought for sure we wanted a video monitor, but when looking into them I am not convinced they are worth the money??? I personally think that if we were back in our home in Oklahoma it would be a no brainier because of the set up of our house... I would want one because the master is so far from what would be the nursery, but our house in Calgary the Master and nursery are side by side! So do I need to spend an extra $150 on a video monitor??? Thoughts please! :) We got a very nice Fisher Price Monitor at a shower, $100 value, and the Video monitor that people are recommending is $250??? Worth it? Any advice is appreciated.

In other news this week has been exciting! Ladies at my work threw me a 'surprise shower'! I was so happy! Little Miss Hadley got spoiled again! Then Tuesday morning I woke up at 4 am with killer back pains! I powered through thinking it was nothing, got up at 7 to shower for work and starting cramping... Well we decided to go to the hospital! Thinking I wasn't in labor, but better safe than sorry right? Turns out I have another UTI, which was causing the cramping and my little girl has 'dropped' which was/is causing all of the back pain. Dropping is great because it means she is ready to come (although they said it could be weeks still)! It also sucks because I feel like someone is walking on my back in high heels all day!!! I suppose its all part of it, but UGH!!!!

We have an OB appointment tomorrow so we will see what she has to say. I will be 36 weeks tomorrow so I will be sure to update with the appointment and maybe even a picture ;)
We are getting so excited!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

P.S. I almost forgot... NEW MOON TOMORROW! (Yep, I am that girl ;)

3 comments:

  1. We had just a regular old monitor with Gibson, and it was fine... with Chad we got a steal on a video monitor and LOVE it. But really either one works great. We like the video because we dont run in to check on Chad at every little sound... just look at the screen. But as a first time parent you will probably run in to check on her anyway, so I say the cheaper one is probably just fine. Totally your preference though.
    Good luck with the back pain, and the UTI. These last few weeks are the toughest, but its so awesome once she gets here. Pull through, you are ALMOST done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our master is far from the nursery, and we just have a plain Graco monitor. She slept in our room until 6 months, and now that she is bigger and in her nursery, I don't worry about her as much. I feel like I would just stare at the screen and get no sleep if I had a video. I also turn down the volume as low as it goes so I only hear her if she is really crying : ) I think you are fine with the one you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a video monitor and I personally love it! It was a gift but I would pay the money too! :) The first few nights, I won't lie, I did stare at the monitor and I got very little sleep. But...it's helped us a lot. On our monitor, you can turn off the volume and just have the video. Or turn the video off and just have the sound. So it's been nice.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete