Monday, July 20, 2009

18 Wks (Last Friday)

Your baby's brain is growing rapidly. By this stage, all of the major areas have been differentiated. The cortical layers, which govern specific brain functions, are beginning to form. The fetus may exhibit signs of a primitive body language in utero, such as recoiling when the needle for the amniocentesis comes too close for comfort. Within the next few weeks, she'll be able to hear voices outside the womb and respond positively to music or loving words. It's time to fine-tune your singing and storytelling skills!

Our little girl is 18 wks, 3 days... She is growing fast and furious, and I can feel her more and more every day!!! I feel her most in the afternoons and evenings, I think she like to sleep in ;) I hope that trait stays with her after she enters this world! hehe!

In other news starting tomorrow I am officially 'part-time'! I had another scare Thursday morning with some cramping and after visiting with the doctor, finding out I have ANOTHER UTI, he has decided that it was best for me to cut my hours. I will give it to Canada that they really take care of their pregnant ladies (benefits wise), and I am very grateful for this! It will not effect my pay at all which is a HUGE relief!

I also got to see G this weekend for a little bit! Although it was short (30 hours or so) it was worth every second! I think it takes a huge amount of stress off me just being around him...
My Mom flies in on Friday and I have a pre-natal visit (which I hope for once goes well with nothing wrong with me!) that day! She will enjoy being here for that. I will enjoy having someone to go with me.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Jamie

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jamie and Graham! I am so glad you posted your blog on facebook...I have one too! Congrats on your little girl...I can't wait to see more belly pictures. I just can't believe you are already pregnant. It feels like just yesterday we were laying in the sun in Cabo!!!

    ReplyDelete