Friday, December 27, 2013

Baby #3

Wow. I have been really slacking when it comes to updates with this pregnancy.
There hasn't been much to report. I am almost 22 weeks. Feeling good for the most part. My blood work came back awful but I fully expected that. I am severely Anemic and my blood doesn't metabolize iron the way it should so I am almost always iron deficient, especially in pregnancies. My doctor started me on an iron supplement today (on top of the iron that is in my prenatal) so we will see if it makes a difference in my next labs. Baby was kicking a jumping around at my appointment today when she was trying to get a HR. She was surprised that I couldn't feel it but looking at my 20WK ultrasound it is because of the position of my placenta. It is mostly upfront and wraps to the right side. So when I do feel kicks or punches they are always on my left or down low. As the baby gets bigger it won't matter where the placenta is I will be feeling a lot more kicks!
I was having some blood pressure issues (very low) which was causing a lot of dizziness but it seems to be better (for now). Our 20WK ultrasound went well. I should saw baby look great to the tech! But to us we didn't see much because the little stinker slept the entire time!!! And was pretty much folded in half! haha. She will send us for another one in my 3rd trimester so hopefully we will wake baby up this time. Baby is measuring almost a week ahead which isn't surprising since I thought their first read was off. I have gained 10.3 pounds, HR was 142 today… FUlly in maternity clothes! I don't seem to be swelling anywhere yet (fingers crossed I won't). Skin has calmed down a bit. Still no sweet tooth to speak of but I can take down chips and any dip like a champ. Love cheese, and grilled cheese sandwiches are a serious addiction!
I don't have any baby pics to show because baby really didn't cooperate but I will leave you with last Sundays belly pic!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Jamie
21 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment