Saturday, January 2, 2010

Birth Story... Finally :)

So I am back... Finally! I never thought I would have so little time to keep up with my Blog! But anyway, lots of people have asked about Hadley's birth/my labor, so here it goes...

December 15th- I thought this day was going to come and go with no baby... Oh I was wrong! It was a pretty normal day. In the morning I hung around the house while G was out running a few errands. At 2 I had a dentist appointment which lasted FOREVER! Hadley was NOT happy about me laying in the chair and them prying around in my mouth! She kicked, and kicked the entire time. When I got home Graham and I played cards for a bit. I wasn't feeling well so I decided to take a nap around 5. At 5:30 I woke up with my first set of contractions... Not horrible, but defiantly not pleasant! I went upstairs and told G that I "may" be having contractions? He was like ok, Ill shave and get ready "just in case"! OMG! 8 minutes later I had another set!yelling downstairs... LETS GO!!! It was defiantly happening!!! 7-8 minutes later I could walk, talk, or breathe!!!! I was starting to panic about the pain! Thank goodness we only live a mile and a half from the hospital!
I was so unprepared at how fast it came... The 'books' all say that labor is suppose start with contractions slowly, every 15-20 minutes and get closer, and stronger... Well in the 15 minutes of starting contractions mine went from every 8 minutes, to every 2-3 minutes by the time we got to the hospital...
We skipped triage and went start to labor and delivery. I was practically undressing at the check in. I was sweating and in so much pain!!! By the time they checked me I was 6 CM with contractions 2-3 minutes apart. I honestly thought I was dying! :( It was the most painful thing I have every experienced in my life. It felt like my insides were being ripped out. I was crying and begging for drugs!!! Around 8 (2 1/2 hours after labor started) I FINALLY got my epidural!!! What a life saver. I would have given anything in those two & 1/2 hours to get those drugs! When they finally kicked in I was so relieved! Our nurse, watching the machine even commented "thank goodness you have an epidural, your contractions are coming every 30-45 seconds and are lasting 2 minutes!!!

After my epidural!!!


They checked me again around 10 and I was 8 cm... At 12:30 they broke my water and said it would be 2 hours or so before I would need to push... Well 20 minutes later I begged them to check me again because i was sure she was coming!!! At 1 they checked me and I was 10 CM and was READY to push!!! They were pretty shocked! So the nurse me and G starting pushing!!! And 52 minutes later at 2:07 am, December 16th, my beautiful baby girl was here!

First pics...


In Love



Hadley and Daddy



Mommy and Hadley



Hadley Lynd Dearle - Perfect! :)



Things that surprised me were: the pain- I couldn't believe how horrible it was; How fast it came-I really thought that I would go slower, that I would have time to 'adjust' to the pain; Modesty- I am a very modest person and before labor I always said I didn't want G seeing 'things' and that I wanted to be covered, etc... Well in the heat of the moment, I couldn't care less who saw what!!! haha!; Getting sick- I never expected to throw up during labor! Graham said this was the worst part for him, and it certainly wasn't pleasant for me. Puking was something i expected and puking while laying down is no easy feat!!! G was a trooper holding my pale!haha!

Well thats our story... So happy to have her here with us. She is such a good baby. We are so in love with her.

I will try to keep up with this blog... And post lots of pictures!

Love
Jamie, Graham, and Hadley

1 comment:

  1. Awww Jamie! What a perfect birth story! You are so lucky that it all happened so fast without any complications! Your little lady is so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete