Monday, June 27, 2011

Bottles? What Bottle?

At 18 months we decided that it was time to wean Hadley from her nighttime bottle...

I thought it was going to be a challenge because she LOVES her ba-bee.... I had planned to use the same system I did with her morning bottle months earlier... Make it an ounce less every night until there was nothing left... It worked wonderfully with her morning bottle! I braced myself for what I thought would be a long couple of nights or week... On the 3rd night she was so tired I just gave her, her sippy cup and took her to bed. She had forgotten all about her ba-bee.... PERFECT! I thought this was my chance so while she was sleeping I packed up all of her bottles out of 'her draw' that she always gets them out of... Out of sight, out of mind I was hoping... Unbelievably its been about 10 days and she has only asked for her ba-bee once!!!! I am so happy to be done with bottles!!! I am hoping for the next year, but at least for the next 5 months!!!!
We are so lucky to have such a wonderful little girl!!! Hopefully the soother will go as smoothly next, but I DON'T see that happening! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment