Tuesday, August 3, 2010

OKLAHOMA!!!

I am so happy that we are HOME!
Hadley and I are missing G a ton, but are LOVING being home! We have been here a few days so we haven't seen everyone yet, but are working our way around town ;) It is of course HOT, but you wont hear any complaints out of me! Hadley and I went to the pool today with my fam and had an awesome time! Hadley absolutely loves the water. The water kept us cool enough. We lasted a lot longer than I thought (3 hours). Hads took a nap in the air conditioning half way through, but then she was right back in the water!

I am sorry I don't have any pictures to post but we left the cord at home. I will make sure to post them when we get back to Canada!

In other news I was a brave Mom on Sunday and left Hads for the first time (other than family)! It was a pretty big step for me and sadly I cant say that it went so well... I decided to leave her in the church nursery for an hour during church thinking 'she'll be fine'! Well I came back a little before service was over to find her SCREAMING bloody murder on some blankets on the floor???? Now you might ask were there a bunch of kids and the lady just hadn't got to her??? NOPE! 2 workers, 3 babies??? THey gave her to me and really didn't explain much to me. They just said that "she wouldn't take her bottle"? Well No, she wasn't hungry! They never tried to give her her soother either! I was so mad walking out of there! She was crying so hard she couldn't catch her breath and anyone who has been around Hadley knows that she doesn't cry that hard EVER! After I got her calmed down I also noticed a carpet burn on her forehead!!! WTF!!! I understand accidents happen but why did neither of these ladies tell me about an obvious fall? What did they not page me out of the service??? Needless to say I will be saying something next week to the lady in charge and probably NOT leaving Hads again for a while.
I will say that this is an awesome church and many of my friends leave their kids there and have never had a problem, so I am hoping this was an isolated incident and maybe the workers were new??? Not sure but I had to vent about it.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a wonderful week! And if your in OKC I hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment