Sunday, January 17, 2010

One Month old and Mastitis!!!

Hello all!
My little sweet pea turned a month old on the 16th! It doesnt seem possible that over a month has passed! Hadley is such a good baby. She loves to cuddle and be held, but has no problem going down at night. She is still sleeping with me, but we plan to make the big move to the bassinet (in the pack-n-play) next to the bed, next week. I am sure this will be harder on me than her... She probably wont even notice! haha!
She is such a 'talker'! I love it so much when she starts ohhh and aweing! She goes on and on, especially when we are going to bed at night! She is sleeping a little less, but still most of the day. Her neck muscles are getting so strong! She now holding her head up for a longer and longer staring at me! :) Her baby acne is starting to clear up. It got so bad at about 3 weeks old. I hope it goes away soon. The doctor said that its completely normal for her age... We have her 1 month checkup on Wednesday! I am so excited to see how big she has gotten! She is growing so fast! Part of me wants her to slow down!


In other news...
I am writing this from my bed as I am recovering from MASTITIS!!! Thats right, after all of my breastfeeding struggles now this! Friday and Saturday I have honesly never felt so sick in my life! I went into the doctors Friday evening after my fever hit 103 F and it was pretty clear from all of my symtoms and the GIANT lumps in my right breast that I had Mastitis... For those of you who are not familer with this delightful term. Mastitis is an infection of the breast, it is also known as a 'milk fever'! It basically mimic the flu, plus severe breast pain in the infected breast. It came on fast and furios! I got 2 presciptions, one for the infection and fever, and one for the pain (yes its that bad!) After 48 hours of medication I actually got out of bed and showered today! I will be on meds for the next 5 days and hopefully it will go away! They are not sure what causes it, guess I am just 'that lucky'!!!

Well that is all for now. I am leaving Thursday to go be with Graham after 2 1/2 LONG weeks apart! I cant wait to see him, and I know he is so excited for us all to be together again... I think being away was a lot harder now that Hadley is here. :(

Hope everyone has a great week!
It may be a month before I update again because I am not taking the computer with me :(
So maybe I should say, I hope everyone has a great month!

Love

Jamie & Hadley



No comments:

Post a Comment